Updated: Dec 10, 2020
• To identify the core leadership skills
• To be progressive via leading in any situation
• Identify leadership style
• Executive skills
What is a Progressive Leadership: Mihail’s model for improving progressive leadership skills
1. Be the first one: responsible, decision making, business, etc.
2. Know-how for industry/product/service
3. Organization and time management
a. Solution provider
b. By default accept a minimum of 50% of other’s proposals
c. To be a motivator for others
5. Executive Skills
6. Contingency in the business processes
2. Lead with integrity
Fundamentals for progressive leadership and successful relationships.
3. Exploit the creative potential
• How to break your routine to trigger creativity
• The best leaders make a continual effort to expand their minds and leadership
• Learning new, creative ways of thinking
4. Great leaders are intentional about being accessible
Outstanding leaders make a concentrated effort to be accessible and available to those who need them.
5. Great leaders are improving their communication skills
• They know the importance of being careful in every word they write, say, email, text, and tweet.
• The art of communication is the language of leadership and essential to success, and it works for those who work at it.
6. Great leaders make others feel valued
• Great leaders never forget = to make colleagues feel valued and appreciated.
• Ensuring reward systems that are meaningful and tailored to support employee aspirations inspires confidence and trust
7. Great leaders take care of the most valuable => the coworkers
• Investing in relationships should be imperative as you also need support from your employees.
• Long term benefits are considering your reputation, that once earned is difficult to be changed, or changed quickly.
• skills such as team building, relationship building, both in-person and online are essential for ensuring delivering tasks, decreasing stress at work, and contributing value to their organizations and coworkers.
8. Great leaders set an example for others to follow
Respect - Integrity - The ability to lead through influence - Influence requires strong coaching, emotional intelligence, effective communication, negotiation, and consensus-building skills.
9. Great leaders know what motivates employees
• Do leaders and employees have the same motivational drivers? Are they similar or different?
• Would it be possible to lead a person, a team, or a whole organization if you are uncertain about the answers, and what makes someone choose to come back to the office in the morning?